Re: 2.0.30 & ISDN lockup

Niels (niels@holding.pi.net)
Fri, 11 Apr 1997 10:45:56 +0200 (DST)

On Fri, 11 Apr 1997, Ricardo Kustner wrote:

> i've just upgraded from kernel 2.0.29 to 2.0.30 and when I try to start
> to use the ISDN connection to my Internet provider my systems crashes...
> no kernel panick but a plain old not-even-capslock-responds-deadlock :(

Install the HiSax patches - all five of them! They are on ftp.franken.de.
If you only do the large one (isdn4kernel-2.0.29.gz) you'll get the
behaviour you described. If you also apply the four smaller ones (.1.gz
until .4.gz) everything works like a charm. Special thanks to Sven
<sveneric@xs4all.nl> for pointing me at the facts...

Followups please to linux-isdn@vger.rutgers.edu.

By the way, Ctrl-ScrollLock still worked (not that it was any use...)

Niels

PIH XXTP SE ICTL, BTIHTKY. <niels@churchofbofh.org>
Note: I do not speak for my employer - they have net.access too.