Re: Linux-2.1.34 - the bleeding edge

Mike Wangsmo (wanger@mcn.net)
Tue, 15 Apr 1997 00:19:01 -0600 (MDT)

On Mon, 14 Apr 1997, Woodstock wrote:

> On 14 Apr 1997, Linus Torvalds wrote:
>
> > Ha!
> > Do you want to be a _real_ man (or woman), and run interesting kernels
> > rather than those wimpy 2.0.x things?
> >
> > Now you can. What would you pay? 19.95? 14.95? Or even just 9.95? NO!
> > You can get a RealMan(tm) or RealWoman(tm) or even a RealThing(tm)
>
> <Gratuitous Advertisment Snipped>
>
> > Where it it, I can hear you ask? ftp.kernel.org, ftp.funet.fi,
> > ftp.cs.helsinki.fi and any other well-stocked ftp site in your
> > neighbourhood.
> >
> > Linus "v2.1.34 - the _cool_ kernel" Torvalds
> >

> Is it me, or has Linus been watching a little _too_ much American TV? ;)

This is starting to sound like an infomercial of some sort. Given the
time of day it fits in well with that. Now all we need is some old has
been celebrity to sponsor Linux and Linus is ready to go on National TV!

Mike
Mike Wangsmo, Graduate Student wanger@linux01.ie.montana.edu
Montana State University wanger@mcn.net
602 Peter Koch http://linux01.ie.montana.edu