Re: procfs problems

W. Reilly Cooley (wcooley@navi.net)
Thu, 17 Apr 1997 13:29:08 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)

On Thu, 17 Apr 1997, Philip Blundell wrote:

>I think you may be right. Certainly as long as people keep raving about a
>binary /proc.

I think the final argument against a binary /proc is that Linus will never
go for it, unless you begin by making a complete set of patches for the
kernel and for the commonest programs which will need it, and clearly
demonstrate that the benefits outweigh the costs, and stop creating
vaporware a la Hurd.

Wil

W. Reilly Cooley
NakedApe Consulting & Navi.Net representative
1509 NE 10th Ave., #104 Portland, OR 97232
503 287-2165 wcooley@navi.net
www.navi.net/~wcooley www.navi.net/~nakedape

As a service, I provide analysis for viruses and poor grammar to senders
of unsolicited commercial e-mail at a rate of US$250 per hour. Delivery of
said correspondence constitutes a request for the aforementioned services
at said price.