Re: 3c59x fails to work in 2.0.30

Michael Boettger (root@eleet.iddc.via.at)
Fri, 18 Apr 1997 11:05:44 +0200 (MET DST)

I'd the same problem on various machines with the original 3c59x.c v0.25
driver. As we are useing some 3c59x and some 3c90x cards I'd to switch to
verison v0.30-all (which supports both cards) and all the problems are
gone.

But be prepared the latest version of the driver which supports both cards
is v0.39 which made some problems with the 3c90x cards so useing the
v0.30-all driver should bring the most stable result. IMHO

ru l8r
Michael

But as Dave M. posted some days ago, he will take care of the bugs reports
and try to merge the fixes made to the driver included in the kerneltree
to the most reicent version. So maybe we'll see a fullfeatured v0.39
driver in the next kernel release.