Re: irqtune & pppd & lp0 at 0x0378 polling with parport with 2.1.35 kernel

Tim Waugh (tmw20@cam.ac.uk)
Thu, 24 Apr 1997 17:58:42 +0100 (BST)

On Thu, 24 Apr 1997, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:

> 2. The lp0 is now the port 0x378 and with parport is used in polling.
> I want to use the lp0 with IRQ 7. (Without parport I run
> "tunelp/dev/lp0 -i 7" but with parport don't work).

If you have parport as a module, you want to do something like:

# insmod parport.o io=0x378 irq=7

or, if you are using modprobe, put the line:

options parport io=0x378 irq=7

in /etc/conf.modules.

If parport is compiled statically into the kernel, add "parport=0x378,7"
in the LILO command-line.

This is all in Documentation/parport.txt.

Tim.
*/