Re: NMI errors in 2.0.30??

Jon Lewis (jlewis@inorganic5.fdt.net)
Sat, 26 Apr 1997 12:50:46 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 26 Apr 1997, Alan Cox wrote:

> memtest86 won't find all memory bugs. However if this is a totally new
> machine it is indeed curious

Every bit of this system is brand new except the disks which lived in my
test system for several months and one of the CPU's which I rescued from
a Win95 box. The motherboard and RAM are new. Since its first crash
(total system freeze) it's been running a non-SMP kernel.

Is it just a strange coincidence that at least one other Tyan board user
has reported seeing the same NMI message only since upgrading to 2.0.30?
This new system started with 2.0.30, and for obvious reasons, I'd rather
not downgrade to 2.0.29. I probably will try a reboot and slow down the
memory access a bit. It's currently set for the Tyan 60ns defaults.

Jon Lewis <jlewis@fdt.net> | Unsolicited commercial e-mail will
Network Administrator | be proof-read for $199/hr.
________Finger jlewis@inorganic5.fdt.net for PGP public key_______