Re: parport patch / lp_readback

Philip Blundell (pjb27@cam.ac.uk)
Sun, 27 Apr 1997 00:20:28 +0100 (BST)

On Sun, 27 Apr 1997, Carsten Gross wrote:

> as I've tested it better for correct operation. A new problem now is, that
> my printer (a Laserjet 6P - attached to a normal printer port) prints a
> garbage character and does a formfeed during the boot process.

Yes, we know about that. The port capability probe is being a bit
cavalier about what it feels entitled to do to the port - it's toggling
STROBE a couple of times, which means that whatever garbage is in the data
latch at the time goes to the printer.

Hopefully we'll have a fix soon. Sorry about that.

p.