Re: Solaris source

Jauder Ho (jauderho@netcom.com)
Mon, 28 Apr 1997 15:50:22 -0700 (PDT)

I was in a meeting a month back regarding the client company where
I work at wanted to expand capacity (they are ordering a 6000E with 9GB of
mem and 28 processors; my new toy! ; maybe I might get a chance to load
sparclinux on it real quick for testing before I have to do real work with
it; anyone know if sparclinux will talk to SSAs yet? i.e. fiber channel)
anyways during the meeting, someone made an offhand remark to linux and
the sun people responded with "we are very aware of linux and are coming
up with a plan to compete with linux" I guess we now know what they
intended. A couple of other things were brought up but unfortunately those
are NDA.

--Jauder

On Mon, 28 Apr 1997, David S. Miller wrote:

> Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 14:39:27 -0700
> From: Larry McVoy <lm@neteng.engr.sgi.com>
>
> > * Competes with Linux strategy
>
> I love it, "Competes with Linux strategy" bwahahahahaha 8-)
>
> Little 'ole Linux, the "Toy Operating System", compete with big bad
> Solaris? Nah....

> Yow! 11.26 MB/s remote host TCP bandwidth & ////
> 199 usec remote TCP latency over 100Mb/s ////
> ethernet. Beat that! ////
> David S. Miller, davem@caip.rutgers.edu /_____________/ / // /_/ ><

.sig under construction