Re: procfs problems

Michael Ballbach (ballbach@lorien.ml.org)
Wed, 30 Apr 1997 18:08:35 -0600 (MDT)

Sorry for this, but how hard is it to parse fields in c or bash anyhow?
Especially if there is some kind of a deliminator like a colon... I'm not
a major expert in c, but it's not that hard to read to the colon, read
past any white space, and read some more. :) With shell scripting, use cut
-f 1 -d :. Anyway, I don't see why there is such a big deal being made
about this, when it's not too hard to do... What's harder, writing the low
level user interfaces to networking routines? Or writing a program that
parses a file? Anyway, hope this isn't oversimplifying the issue, nor do I
wish to offend anyone. :)

Michael A. Ballbach: N0ZTQ, yeh-zehn.
ballbach@lorien.ml.org
http://lorien.ml.org/~ballbach/index.html

"The next war will be fought with nuclear weapons,
the next, with sticks." -- Albert Einstein.