Re: IPIP tunl code (fwd)

Peter T. Breuer (ptb@it.uc3m.es)
Mon, 5 May 1997 00:05:07 +0200 (MET DST)

"A month of sundays ago Blu3Viper wrote:"
> On Fri, 2 May 1997, kragen wrote:
>
> > What's the current status of IP-in-IP tunneling?
> > I know people are using it for IPv6 in IPv4, but I'm interested in using
> > it for IPv4 in IPv4.
> > Last time I looked at it, in 1.99.9, it had a lot of problems.
>
> I've been using it for over a month now on 2.0.30(ISS too) systems. My
> only gripe is I have to patch the kernel to allow more than two tunnels.

I have been using it for several months on a 2.0.25 system. It's
linking me to the world right now (I like to appear on a different
segment than I am physically in order to keep my machines grouped
together administratively). I would like to know how to get two tunnels
up .. can one load two drivers?

My only problem is that I don't seem to tunnel some sun rpc protocol
packets - whatever it is that rusers and ruptime uses in particular.
This is a nuisance as some of my update scripts depend on
rusers/ruptime. I don't think broadcast packets go through the tunnel
either. Perhaps I just don't know how to make them go through.

> [reply to: david@kalifornia.nospam.com without the nospam]

Peter T. Breuer MA CASM PhD. Ing., Prof. Asoc.
Area de Ingenieria Telematica E-mail: ptb@it.uc3m.es
Dpto. Ingenieria Tel: +34 1 624 99 53
Universidad Carlos III de Madrid Fax: +34 1 624 94 30/65
Butarque 15, E-28911 Leganes URL: http://www.it.uc3m.es/~ptb
Spain