Re: kernel 2.0.30

Andrew Purtell (apurtell@ieinc.com)
Mon, 05 May 1997 11:48:48 -0400

David S. Miller wrote:
> Now I am starting to suspect a strange race in the page cache, all of
> the debugging I've seen on this shows a process stuck on I/O to a page
> in the page cache. I will be looking more deeply into this.

If it is any help, I "patched" 2.0.29 with the changes to net/*
and random.c only and so far we have a healthy sort-of-2.0.30
INN server at moderate load. Uptime is 3 days, about a 3000%
improvement. :) If someone is in need of a quick fix, this
seems to work.

--
Andrew Purtell                  phone: (617) 272-9700
Network Administrator           fax  : (617) 272-9300