Re: kmalloc fd patch

Jon Lewis (jlewis@inorganic5.fdt.net)
Mon, 5 May 1997 23:56:59 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 5 May 1997, Oskar Pearson wrote:

> Jon Lewis writes:
> > I just noticed that on systems patched with the O'Reilly >256fd patch,
> > screen (3.7.1) breaks. Trying to lock screen (C-a x) causes screen to
> > segfault. I'll probably try recompiling screen with a setrlimit of
> > NOFILE 256 or less and see if that fixes it. Has anyone else encountered
> > this?
>
> I am using the one from www.linux.org.za/filehandle.patch.linux
> with linux 2.0.30
> Screen version 3.07.03 (FAU) 23-Sep-96 (from redhat 3)
> All work fine with the lock screen command.

Big oops. I just got around to using gdb to figure out what was up, and
this seems to be a bug _I_ introduced into the screen binary I have. :( It
was mere coincidence that I didn't run into the problem until now, and I'd
assumed the fd patch _must_ be the cause since it's the newest major
change in my systems.

Jon Lewis <jlewis@fdt.net> | Unsolicited commercial e-mail will
Network Administrator | be proof-read for $199/hr.
________Finger jlewis@inorganic5.fdt.net for PGP public key_______