Re: SCSI disk devices

baba@beckman.uiuc.edu
Wed, 7 May 1997 18:33:50 +0200

Dave Barr <barr@math.psu.edu> writes:

> If we do that, we _definately_ have to adopt something like the
> Solaris /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s3 scheme. It gets really tiring trying to out-
> guess what the kernel is going to name a new disk when it's put online.

I agree wholeheartedly!!! This is one of the _very_ few things I like
about Solaris over Linux.

# Baba Z Buehler - 'Hackito Ergo Sum'
# Beckman Institute Systems Services, Urbana Illinois
#
#  "Either I'm dead and I've done everything that I want,
#   or I'm still alive and there's nothing I want to do." -- TMBG
#
# PGP public key on WWW homepage and key servers (key id: C13D8EE1)
# WWW: http://www.beckman.uiuc.edu/~baba/