Re: Solaris JDK on Linux? (Re: Solaris source)

Matthias Urlichs (smurf@work.smurf.noris.de)
7 May 1997 16:39:28 +0200

Mike Jagdis <mike@roan.co.uk> writes:

> The iBCS documentation _does_ tell you to use the .../ibcs/Tools/trace
> program to enable tracing.

Unfortunately, last time I looked it dumped the trace of all processes to
printk/syslog. Not a sensible idea, I'm afraid.

> All kernels are non-iBCS. iBCS is a loadable module. You compile
> it for a particular kernel version (with no symbol versioning in
> modules if you are going to be fiddling with lots of kernel rebuilds).

... and if you want to fiddle with lots of inexplicable kernel crashes. :-/

--
Many a wife thinks her husband is the world's greatest lover.
But she can never catch him at it.