Re: Begin testing phase for 2.0.31, README

Christoph Lameter (clameter@waterf.org)
Wed, 7 May 1997 13:54:27 -0700 (PDT)

I have installed the test release on my home system with no ill effects so
far. Wont dare to try it on my servers until I have seen some stability
though.

On Wed, 7 May 1997, David S. Miller wrote:
> 3) SO_BINDTODEVICE support has been added to the networking,
> also there is documentation on it under Documentation/networking
> Now the free DHCP server should compile out of the box.

This change involved changing a quite significant procedure call interface
in the networking section. Is this not something belonging into 2.1.x?

I'd really like a stable 2.0.31 as soon as possible.