Re: [2.1.36] parport_procfs.c

Matthias Urlichs (smurf@work.smurf.noris.de)
Fri, 9 May 1997 08:20:24 +0200 (Funky)

Hi,

Philip Blundell wrote:

>> That's not the correct fix. The correct fix is to have {whatever .h file
>> which needs linux/interrupt.h}.h to include that file by itself.
>
>No, Tim's fix is the correct one. We ought to try to avoid introducing
>ever more #includes between header files. It's no great hardship to

The problem is that one change in header files (i.e. it now requires
another header) can then suddenly result in breakage of unrelated modules
which might not be even distributed with the kernel itself.

>have to include things in the right order. Otherwise, you end up pulling
>in frequently-used files twenty times, which doesn't do any real harm but
>is a waste of time.

GCC is able to notice that condition and won't even open the include file
the next time around.

--
It has been determined that most teenage girls lose their virginity
during the summer months.  This stands to reason, since congress is