Re: Anybody want a device driver?

Joel Philip Jaeggli (joelja@darkwing.uoregon.edu)
Mon, 12 May 1997 08:30:03 -0700 (PDT)

If I remember correctly the meteor uses a bt848 chipset, so if someone
wrote a driver for it, other bt848 cards would soon follow, hauppauge
wintv, intel smart viedo recorder 3, etc.

On Mon, 12 May 1997, Werner Almesberger wrote:

> tzeruch@ceddec.com wrote:
> > and I think the meteor needs a matrox video card,
>
> Fortunately not - neither the Meteor hardware nor the driver care in the
> least about the video card.
>
> - Werner
>
> --
> / Werner Almesberger, DI-LRC,EPFL,CH werner.almesberger@lrc.di.epfl.ch /
> /_IN_R_133__Tel_+41_21_693_6621__Fax_+41_21_693_6610_____________________/

Joel Jaeggli joelja@darkwing.uoregon.edu
Academic User Services consult@oregon.uoregon.edu
ANTC & NSRC joelja@ns.uoregon.edu
"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!], `Pray,
Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right
answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of
confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
-- Charles Babbage