Re: Documentation/Changes update for 2.0.3x

Jon Lewis (jlewis@inorganic5.fdt.net)
Wed, 14 May 1997 14:21:56 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 14 May 1997 Andries.Brouwer@cwi.nl wrote:

> [Besides: what is the function of these `Changes'?

I guess that's really the question.

> To tell us what the most recent version of some software is?
> I don't think so. It should tell us what the oldest version
> of the software is that still will work without problems
> with this new kernel.]

Personally, I like to have the very latest non-broken version, rather than
the oldest one that still works. If I'm going to bother to go get the
source and compile stuff, getting the very latest usable version hopefully
delays having to repeat that excercise.

Jon Lewis <jlewis@fdt.net> | Unsolicited commercial e-mail will
Network Administrator | be proof-read for $199/hr.
________Finger jlewis@inorganic5.fdt.net for PGP public key_______