Re: A huge project at work

Rauli Ruohonen (raulir@voimax.voima.jkl.fi)
Wed, 21 May 1997 12:08:10 +0300 (EET DST)

> Please respond using personal mail 'cause this topic tends to irritate
> people in this mailing list.... I'm just tired of being stuck on what to
> do with this monster.

[clip]

> - Some kind of core capability [== text + maybe some limited graphics]
> drivers so the kernel can display something while booting
> (could this work on all platforms?)
> - A kernel-user interface to override kernel graphics core to userspace
> (I can see possible security holes here - that'll be difficult)

I reply to the list because somebody else might not know this..
The GGI is not in the kernel now, but it exists as a separate project.
Don't start another project, work on the GGI. It has a mailing list and a
web page (http://synergy.caltch.edu/~ggi).