Re: ifos9660 in 2.0.30

Derrik Pates (dpates@wind.mes.umn.edu)
Fri, 23 May 1997 10:31:56 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 20 May 1997, ATF wrote:

> Well, at this point I'm positive of the source of this problem. The problem
> is in the raid1-5 patch. For some reason all (ALL) the filesystem
> extentions fail as modules with the raid patch install. Sorry about the
> confusion - I've never tried to use "ifos9660" and "ios9660" did not work as
> a module with the raid1 patch installed. (Nor did MSDOS).
>
> So - there is no problem with the Linux kernel at this user's site.

I have installed that patch, and I can tell you that ISO9660 support works
just fine. Make sure you are using 'iso9660' not 'ios9660' or 'ifos9660'.
SPELL IT RIGHT and it will work just fine. Do a 'cat /proc/filesystems'
and look for it. If the isofs module is loaded or you have ISO9660 support
built into your kernel, 'iso9660' will show up there.

Derrik Pates
dpates@wind.mes.umn.edu