Re: config procfs patch

Tom May (ftom@netcom.com)
23 May 1997 21:02:31 -0700

"Aaron 'Raz' Wrasman" <awrasman@bellsouth.net> writes:

> But back to this little patch, I think it would be useful for
> debugging purposes. I have over 20 different kernel images that I can
> boot to. Some of them are a bit old and I really no longer any idea
> what all I had configured into them. This little patch would let me
> know when I booted into them what all I really had configured into
> them.

For that purpose it seems easier to have a utility that reads the
config info from a kernel and prints it out. That way you don't have
to boot it. And if it won't boot, you can find out why (e.g., no scsi
support or whatever). The config info could even be in a section that
doesn't get loaded. No doubt this too has been suggested several
times before.

Tom.