[tiensivu@pilot.msu.edu: Repeat the Ending]

Aaron Tiensivu (tiensivu@pilot.msu.edu)
Sun, 8 Jun 1997 12:36:45 -0400

Date: Sun, 8 Jun 1997 00:32:11 -0400
From: Aaron Tiensivu <tiensivu@pilot.msu.edu>
To: Linux Kernel Digest <linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu>
Subject: Repeat the Ending

Ah.. console patches.. how I love thee.
I've been collecting these for quite a while.
I'm still using the fast_opost patch that was around a year ago
or so, and I remember it being rejected for some reason. I don't remember why.

I've got a bastardized kernel running the latest 'multi-line' patch posted
yesterday, and the fast_opost patch. Very very snappy. Most notable is doing
a PageUp with 'less' on a big file (like a pre-patch).

So, what I'm mainly curious about, is why the fast opost didn't make it in?
I might hack a bit of the console some more and see what I can do.

Stuff like this reminds me of the "TurboST" and the like that was around
on the old Atari ST to speed up the GDI and text routines.. the originals
were written (fairly poorly) in C, and a few guys made equiv. assembly
versions of them and it made the ST quite a cruiser for its day. Showing
a bit of my history here. :)

--
Which is worse: ignorance or apathy?  Who knows?  Who cares?
"No one has ever gone broke underestimating the