Re: linux/include/asm-i386/processor.h warnings

mabzug1@umbc.edu
Mon, 9 Jun 1997 06:37:03 -0400 (EDT)

Philip Blundell spake thusly:

> On Mon, 9 Jun 1997 mabzug1@umbc.edu wrote:
>
> > There seems to be a problem with the i386 asm/processor.h header file
> > included with 2.1.42. The following trivial program:
> >
> > #include <asm/processor.h>
> > main(){}
> >
> > produces the following warnings:
>
> You shouldn't be including <asm/> headers directly from user-space code.

i first noticed it when compiling procps 1.01. :) [BTW: the change to
/proc/meminfo has broken proc-based free. Even compiling fresh under
2.1.42, free complains. But i assume this has already been noticed. . .]

--
			     Mordechai T. Abzug
mabzug1@umbc.edu   finger -l mabzug1@umbc7.umbc.edu  http://umbc.edu/~mabzug1
"A billion here, a billion there, sooner or later it adds up to real
 money." -Everett Dirksen