Re: modprobe ppa;modprobe -r ppa |-> Oops :(

Andrea Arcangeli (arcangeli@mbox.queen.it)
Mon, 9 Jun 1997 14:09:19 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 9 Jun 1997, Tim Waugh wrote:

>On Sun, 8 Jun 1997, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:
>
>> This script give me two Oops:
>>
>> #!/bin/sh
>> while :; do
>> modprobe ppa
>> modprobe -r ppa
>> done
>>
>> scsi_mod, parport and ppa are compiled as modules.
>
>I don't get oopses, but then I don't have SCSI compiled as a module.

Is normal. For get Oops you must compile scsi_mod/parport as modules.

>What kernel version are you using, and how long are you leaving the script
>running? If it reliably causes the kernel to oops, could you try
>something like:

[2.1.42].

The script crashes the kernel after some msec.

At the first step. Count should be 1.

>#!/bin/sh
>COUNT=1
>while :; do
>modprobe ppa
>modprobe -r ppa
>echo ${COUNT}
>COUNT=$((${COUNT}+1))
>done
>
>Tim.
>*/

I get the Oops when I run rmmod scsi_mod. What kfunction is executed
running rmmod scsi_mod?

Andrea Arcangeli
arcangeli@mbox.queen.it

HomePage: http://www.imola.queen.it/user/arcangeli/
Debian Mirror: ftp://dida43.deis.unibo.it/pub/debian/

Debian GNU
__ _ __