Re: Repeat the Ending

Jon Lewis (jlewis@inorganic5.fdt.net)
Tue, 10 Jun 1997 17:13:33 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 10 Jun 1997, Paul H. Hargrove wrote:

> kernel. The existing code just uses what is available, nearly for
> free, on the VGS hardware. For checking boot messages I'd suggest
> using a serial console.

What serial console? :)
I realize there are unofficial patches for it. I'd love to be using a
serial console, if only it were part of Linus's kernel source. I've got a
spare RocketPort 16 port card I could wire into most of the systems.

For the average user with a standalone PC running Linux, if there's a mono
card (herc clone), then there is no scroll back...unless that's somehow
been added recently.

Jon Lewis <jlewis@fdt.net> | Unsolicited commercial e-mail will
Network Administrator | be proof-read for $199/message.
Florida Digital Turnpike |
________Finger jlewis@inorganic5.fdt.net for PGP public key_______