Re: most "stable" devel kernel?

Thomas Pornin (bip@nostromo.ens.fr)
Tue, 17 Jun 1997 18:00:47 +0200

In article <Pine.LNX.3.91.970617091350.1055A-100000@chaos.analogic.com> you write:
>On Tue, 17 Jun 1997, Erv Walter wrote:
>
>> However, can anyone give me their opinion on which of recent 2.1.x
>> kernels seems to be the most "stable?" I have heard 2.1.3[67].
>
>Version 2.1.42 works very well, both SMP and non SMP. It has the usual
>memory allocation problems being worked on and a few other bugs. But
>it doesn't crash.

Humm... I experienced several solid freezes with 2.1.42 while accessing
the floppy and the sound device in the same time. But maybe this was due
to the sound driver I got directly from oss ftp site. The kernel seemed
to be quite stable otherwise, at least on my single-pentium computer.

--Thomas Pornin