Re: rescan scsi

Harald Milz (hm@seneca.muc.de)
Sat, 21 Jun 1997 21:36:00 +0200

Richard B. Johnson (root@analogic.com) wrote:

> If this is not a joke you should get 40 lashes from a wet noodle. You
> do not connect or disconnect anything from a SCSI bus when power is on
> even if you "prove" that it can be done.

This is not true. There are some commercial Unixes out there which allow
for dynamically load / unload device drivers (some are nearly as good as
Linux in this respect...). I have been using this a lot on AIX and never
had problems.

> Nevertheless, it is possible. There is no existing kernel code to support
> this. You CAN swap drives that are identical by dismounting the existing

40 more lashes for you :-)

--
Pig, n.:
	An animal (Porcus omnivorous) closely allied to the human race