Re: Coupling Seagate's ST51080A and ST32132A problems

Tuomas Heino (tbittih@xgw.fi)
Sun, 22 Jun 1997 01:15:14 +0300 (EET DST)

On Fri, 20 Jun 1997, Riccardo Facchetti wrote:

> Do you remember a post of mine, some times ago about data corruption
> coupling this two HDs ?
> I have resolved the problem.
> They both support PIO mode 4. I have downgraded them to PIO mode to 3 in
> BIOS settings (I suppose BIOS set up the HDs to mode 3 at boot) and now
> the problem is gone.
>
> Do some IDE guru have a valid reason about why I cannot use both these
> drives at PIO mode 4 ?

I think Quantum has an article on this somewhere on their web pages...
it had something to do with signal quality and bus speed... ("slow"
puters not able to do PIO 4 properly?)