Re: > 1GB RAM on x86 ?

Matthias Urlichs (smurf@nova.noris.de)
3 Jul 1997 15:19:11 +0200

Daniel Quinlan <quinlan@transmeta.com> writes:

> Basically, he said that some settings need to be changed, but it
> sounded like a minor change.

I dimly remember Linus writing (when the architecture was changed in order
to drop the pesky FS register based user space accesses) that whoever needs
more memory than allowed by the new stuff should switch to a real, i.e.
64-bit, CPU.

I tend to agree...

--
After all my time here, I've yet to see any problem, however complicated,
which when you looked at it the right way didn't become still more complicated.