Re: InfoWorld web server shootout

linux kernel account (linker@nightshade.ml.org)
Mon, 7 Jul 1997 17:42:41 -0400 (EDT)

The apache was prob improperly configured: I quote from the .conf file in
1.2b10

--cut here--
# Limit on total number of servers running, i.e., limit on the number
# of clients who can simultaneously connect --- if this limit is ever
# reached, clients will be LOCKED OUT, so it should NOT BE SET TOO LOW.
# It is intended mainly as a brake to keep a runaway server from taking
# Unix with it as it spirals down...

MaxClients 150
--cut here--

My guess this was set too low..
Also, they should have also increased the prefork min and start