Re: uni-processor BogoMips?

Geert Uytterhoeven (Geert.Uytterhoeven@cs.kuleuven.ac.be)
Wed, 9 Jul 1997 10:10:56 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 8 Jul 1997, Taner Halicioglu wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Jul 1997, David S. Miller wrote:
> > 200MHz ppc gives 399.48. I don't have a higher clock-rate ppc's
> > but this scales as expected so I'd imagine a 300Mhz would give
> > about 600.
> >
> > Yeah about the same as the ultra, I'm trying to get my hands on a
> > 300Mhz Ultra module...
>
> Hrm... do I believe the bogomips from the kernel, or from 'bogomips'? :-)
>
> taner@boom:/src/bogo-1.2 >cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep bogo
> bogomips : 331.78
> taner@boom:/src/bogo-1.2 >./bogomips
> Calibrating delay loop.. ok - 1317.47 BogoMips
>
> I tend to trust the kernel, but anyway... ;-)

What compiled did you use to compile the stand-alone bogomips? At least IBMs
xlc gets rid of the empty timing loop...

Greetings,

Geert

P.S. If Motorola would make 300 MHz 68060s, they would give us 600 bogomips :-)

--
Geert Uytterhoeven                     Geert.Uytterhoeven@cs.kuleuven.ac.be
Wavelets, Linux/m68k on Amiga          http://www.cs.kuleuven.ac.be/~geert/