Re: uni-processor BogoMips?

Jakub Jelinek (jj@sunsite.ms.mff.cuni.cz)
Wed, 9 Jul 1997 15:22:32 +0200 (MET DST)

> David S. Miller writes:
>
> > Not too many Sparcs listed, though -- got an addition?
> >
> > Yeah, Ultra2 at 200Mhz gets 400 or so bogos...
>
> Yea, the same as my PowerPC (200MHz), 399.77 are looking quite nice,
> aren't they. :-)

Shouldn't we collect lmbench numbers from the fastest machines of every
platform instead of looking at bogos? They really don't say much about the
chip. In normal kernel use, things like memcpy bandwidth, csum_* speed, ctx
switch, and similar numbers are much more interesting.

Cheers,
Jakub
Jakub Jelinek | jj@sunsite.mff.cuni.cz | http://sunsite.mff.cuni.cz
Administrator of SunSITE Czech Republic, MFF, Charles University
Ultralinux - first 64bit OS to take full power from the UltraSparc
Linux version 2.0.30 on a sparc machine (291.64 BogoMips).