Re: mmx support with smp

linux kernel account (linker@nightshade.ml.org)
Wed, 9 Jul 1997 14:14:08 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 9 Jul 1997, Ricky Beam wrote:

> (Doesn't the Tyan Tomcat III support two 166-MMX processors? All I remember
> is the power warnings -- MMX processors draw more power than the non-MMX
> cousins which causes problems for the Tomcat's as they were designed before
> there was such a thing.)
visit their web site.. Every where execpt one place they say >>NO<<. In
one little buried page says you can use dual 166s at your own risk, but,
never use 200s... Problem with th tyan's are that they have passive
regulators.. :( They should be comming with a new board fairly soon that
should have a switching regulator.. I'd hold out for that. (BTW- I have a
tyan IIID with 2 150's running at 166 (or 200 if I have the AC on).. Works
great.. (non mmx though :) ) )