Re: intel penguin boot logo #2 and penguin rating

Kurt Huwig (kurt@huwig.de)
Fri, 11 Jul 1997 08:19:17 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 10 Jul 1997, Gerd Knorr wrote:
> I've a second version of the penguin patch, placed this to
[...]
> Changes:
> - I loaded the image into xpaint and turned a few bits on and off,
> looks a bit better now I think :-)
> - The logo is a compile time option now (2.1.42 only)
> - The kernel version is displayed too
> - The logo uses fewer characters (some chars of the block are
> empty, these are real spaces now). So I could leave the
> most frequently used box chars intact.

On my machine, the penguin scrolls off very fast, so I like the older
patch more, that displays the penguin in the upper right corner of the
screen until you switch it off via a write to '/proc/penguin' (didn't
someone want to put the 'penguin-rating' in there?). But this one flickers
as the screen is scrolled, so maybe one could patch the console?

Kurt

| yes, it runs | Designed for | Microsoft | intel |
| with Netware | Windows 95 | Windows compliant | inside |
If you still have problems reading this signature,
get Linux and a REAL cpu!
My eMail address has changed --> kurt@huwig.de