Re: Userland Linux Penguin [total offtopic]

Andrea Arcangeli (arcangeli@mbox.queen.it)
Sat, 12 Jul 1997 01:13:38 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 11 Jul 1997, Vince Weaver wrote:

>For those of you who think any sort of bootup belongs in userland, check
>out linux_logo-0.2.tar.gz available at Sunsite (/pub/Linux/logos) or at
>http://www.glue.umd.edu/~weave/vmwprod
>
>It is a userland program that generates an ANSI Color ASCII text Penguin,
>plus some system information at the command line. You can just add it to
>/etc/rc.d/rc.S or so, and you have a viable alternative to a kernel patch.

I think this is not a viable but a better alternative to a kernel patch.
Is a very _STUPID_ thing adding a /proc/penguin. Why do we see the output
of `cat /dev/meminfo` not equal to the output of `free` or `xcpustate`? Is
too hard to understand...

Thanks for the info Vince!

Andrea Arcangeli