Re: SCSI disk naming (fwd)

Matthias Urlichs (smurf@work.smurf.noris.de)
11 Jul 1997 07:41:24 +0200

linux kernel account <linker@nightshade.ml.org> writes:

> Whats wrong with having a single 27 gig volume???? Try rebooting it when
> the machine crashes because of cosmic rays.. Or just fscking it when you
> feel like it..

27 gig are benign. People are using worse. ;-)

> Or if you dont have lots of ram try formating it.. I was unable to format
> a 36gig volume with 2.1.40 and 64megs of ram.. After putting mem=256M on
> the commandline I could format it..

davem will be working on a pre-2.0.31-3 kernel which doesn't have this
problem any more.

> It's what apple did with macs, 'What's wrong with a GUI? Why would anyone
> want a commandline??'

Then start MPW (or ToolServer if you want to send it commands remotely).
Bingo, instant command line. ;-)

--
Parkinson's New Law: The printed word expands to fill the space available
to it.