Re: Memory being incorrected sized at boot-up

Larry M. Augustin (lma@varesearch.com)
Fri, 11 Jul 1997 09:56:18 -0700

Please talk to me about this offline. I'm the author of the 2.0.30
memory detection code. I think what's happening is the that Compaq
BIOS reports only 16MB of RAM for the int 15h, ah=0x88 BIOS call on
the Compaq. The fix for this is to change the BIOS detection code to
use the 0xe801 call first, and then fallback if this fails.

I'll put together a fix for this and send it to you to test.

Larry