Re: 2.0.31 : please!

Jon Lewis (jlewis@inorganic5.fdt.net)
Mon, 14 Jul 1997 00:01:01 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 13 Jul 1997, Thomas Koenig wrote:

> Seriously - it appears that a critical mass of developers has decided
> that a stable, working kernel isn't worth the bother. I find this
> highly troubling. Anybody want to bet that 2.2 will be left in a fairly
> unusable state too, while the developers start out on 2.4?

If you want faster kernel updates, hire some kernel hackers and make them
code. Is there a single kernel hacker being paid explicitly to work on
the Linux kernel? My guess is that most, if not every single one of them,
have other jobs or school obligations and code for the kernel in their
spare time (or instead of socializing or sleeping).

It's a rough job. Be thankful anyone's doing it.

Jon Lewis <jlewis@fdt.net> | Unsolicited commercial e-mail will
Network Administrator | be proof-read for $199/message.
Florida Digital Turnpike |
________Finger jlewis@inorganic5.fdt.net for PGP public key_______