Re: 2.0.31 : please!

Ka'Plaagh (rusling@linux.reo.dec.com)
Mon, 14 Jul 1997 10:35:13 +0000

> Date: Sun, 13 Jul 1997 14:38:32 -0500 (CDT)
> From: Phil Lewis <beans@bucket.ualr.edu>
>
> > Maybe we need to take matters into our own hand? Lets put out a
> > 2.0.31 that fixes those bugs and announce it on
> > comp.os.linux.announce. 2.0.X seems abandoned to me.
>
> I guess you did not get Dave Miller's message that said he will
> spend all of next week on 2.0.31.
>
> Please everyone make up your minds, I would not mind to be saved a
> week or so of work for unnappreciative people...

I for one test all of David's pre-* patches and I appreciate the work that
he (and others) are putting into this. However, there was a call to put
2.0.* into maintainance mode; so, just when do the 'enhancements' stop and
the bug fixes start? There was also some wild talk of a Linux Maintainance
Program - any movement on that? I volunteer my services both for Intel
(Cyrix)
and for Alpha for this if it helps get a nice stable 2.0.3x kernel real soon
now...

Dave