Re: 2.0.31 : please!

Rogier Wolff (R.E.Wolff@BitWizard.nl)
Fri, 18 Jul 1997 00:22:36 +0200 (MET DST)

Elliot Lee wrote:

> > are not mutually exclusive and compile. Kernels 2.1.29 up to 2.1.41 (I
> > might be off by 1 or 2) did not even compile with ISDN options activated,
> > at least in my case and some other people's. ld complained about
> > "undefined references".
> >
> > If this would be checked by about 10 people with reasonable configurations
> > (recent GCC, binutils), it would not go unnoticed.
>
> Development kernels are development kernels - you should expect *NOTHING*
> from them except a multi-meg download and an evening's reading.

Right. See what happened with the dcache thingy? Linus wrote it,
"tested" if it worked for ext2fs, and some guy comes along and fixes
all the other filesystems in such a way that they compile again.

Evenings work for "someone on the net", while Linus can go on and do
important stuff.

Roger.