Re: The i2o Bus: A Conspiracy Against Free Software? (fwd)

Jason Burrell (jburrell@crl5.crl.com)
Fri, 18 Jul 1997 21:36:32 -0500 (CDT)

> On Fri, Jul 18, 1997 at 11:48:04PM +0200, Michael Neuffer wrote:
>
> > Microsoft is keeping the lid tightly closed on this.
> >
> > The Wintel combination has enormous interests in keeping it that way.
> >
> When is intel going to stop kissing Bill's ass and realize that if they
> follow Bill with something like this I2O stuff, I for one, will not buy
> intel stuff anymore. And I'm sure I'm not alone. I hope DEC and SUN are
> paying attention to this. I will NEVER use a computer that is stuck running
> M$ crap.

Amen. I'll go to Power PC or whatever other platform suits me. I mean, I
prefer Intel because I have a lot of old hardware around that I use, but
frankly now that Linux runs on the PPC I don't have a whole lot of reason to
stay with a platform where I'll be stuck using Micro$oft crap.

I thought it was bad enough when I saw "Plug and Play." Then I saw the
braindamage known as "Windows hardware" (i.e. modems without essential
chips). Now this.

Maybe when/if I get a sizable amount of money in the near future I'll just
move to something else. I don't know anymore.