Re: I2O specs available! (was: GGI People Read This (fwd))

Michael H. Warfield (mhw@wittsend.com)
Sun, 20 Jul 1997 13:52:49 -0400 (EDT)

Dan Hollis enscribed thusly:

> On Sat, 19 Jul 1997, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> > Since this may concern you all, I forward it to linux-kernel...
> > [...]
> > The file name is ver1-5.pdf or if you like, simply use this URL
> > from you web browser. ftp://ftp.i2osig.org/ver1-5.pdf

> I guess it wasn't supposed to be there or something. They must have closed
> up ftp pretty quick, because I tried ftp and it didn't work any more.

Still works for me. Based on their welcome message, it looks like
they intended to pass out members-only passwords but someone "forgot" to
disable anonymous ftp... :-)

Just ignore their instructions to log in as "i2o" and log in as
anonymous with an E-Mail address for a password and away you go.

Another reason you may not have been able to get in - they only
alow 10 anonymous connections at a time (I was #10 when I got in). My
guess is that they've been running the limit on anonymous ftp since the
word got out. :-) I would LOVE to see their reaction to their download
report come Monday morning! ROTFL!

> Anyone got a copy of the spec they can send?

My guess is that the spec is spreding in a geometric progression
at this point... Gives us one hell of a leg up on reverse engineering
even if they do close the site back up and then modify the spec. :-) :-)

The site is still open but you will probably be better off using
real ftp instead of a browser so you can seen any funky error messages
like "no more anonymous ftp" when they run over the 10 limit.

> -Dan

Mike

--
 Michael H. Warfield    |  (770) 985-6132   |  mhw@WittsEnd.com