Re: Skeleton CPU selection information needed

david parsons (o.r.c@p.e.l.l.p.o.r.t.l.a.n.d.o.r.u.s)
20 Jul 1997 15:54:50 -0700

In article <linux.kernel.19970719154232.50639@msu.edu>,
Aaron Tiensivu <tiensivu@pilot.msu.edu> wrote:

>I want to keep the notion of CONFIG_xx86 in the configure scripts/etc, but
>I'm kind of lost in respect to what to call the Pentium II.
>
>CONFIG_M786?

No, Intel already has an 80786; it's the graphics processor chip that
was introduced at the same time as the 80386.

What's the model number of the `pentium 2'; isn't it something like
the 80522? (the `pentium pro' is the 80521, and the `pentium' is
the 8050x {I think the 60/66 are 80501, while the cleaned up later
generation is 80502}

Of course many brains would pop if the config scripts were reworked
to define CONFIG_M50x and CONFIG_M52x...

____
david parsons \bi/ And the cry of "Doesn't Linux support Intel chips
\/ anymore????" was heard across the land.