Re: buffer/swapping in pre-patch-2.0.31-2 + the 17th July patch

Alex Kiernan (alex@hisoft.co.uk)
22 Jul 1997 08:04:13 GMT

Bill Hawes <whawes@star.net> wrote:
[...]
>Also, your amended patch leaves out a much more important change pointed
>out by Mark Hemment -- after the call to try_to_free_buffer in
>find_candidate, there needs to be a test

> if (!bh)
> break;

>This code is in the 2.1.xx tree (and I thought it was already in 2.0.30,
>but overlooked it.) The absence of the above test is one of the causes
>of oopses in 2.0.30 ... please make sure it gets in!

That one's already in pre-patch-2.0.31-2, your other change I've just
added and just started the whole thing compiling...

--
Alex Kiernan - alex@hisoft.co.uk
HiSoft Systems, The Old School, Greenfield, Bedford, MK45 5DE, UK