Re: how to tell KERNELD to load 2nd SCSI driver ?

Harald Koenig (koenig@tat.physik.uni-tuebingen.de)
Wed, 23 Jul 1997 22:50:49 +0200

On Jul 23, Hugo Van den Berg wrote:

> -> This does only work in your special case. If you have harddisks only on
> -> both scsi adapters it will not work.
>
> Correct. But I don't think many people will have several types/brands scsi
> controler serving the disks. I think more people having different types
> they will be using an old 16 bit controler to free scsi bandwidth for disks on
> a faster controler by not having slow peripherals on the fast controler. For
> them my solution works.

wrong assuption in a number of known cases/users (including myself).

this is because I'm using my "other" controller for all external
and part_time_only devices, even disks, if this is not very time critical.

this way I can hot swap devices and verything and don't risk my
internal main scsi bus with system disks when connecting a new,
possibly broken device...

Harald

--
All SCSI disks will from now on                     ___       _____
be required to send an email notice                0--,|    /OOOOOOO\