Re: 2.1.44 oops

Benny Amorsen (amorsen@sscnet.com)
25 Jul 1997 23:27:10 +0200

DW> This rather nasty oops caused a "tar xzf glibc-2.0.4.tar.gz" to
DW> get hung up. Subsequent attempts to "rm -rf glibc-2.0.4" also
DW> hung. I had to reboot. The filesystem unmounted cleanly, and I
DW> fsck'd it by hand later (the only problem was the summary
DW> information).

FWIW, I can duplicate that at will in 2.1.43, just by
rpm -ba kernel-2.1.46.spec [or any similar spec file]

When it gets to patching the kernel with my (rather extensive) set of
patches, I get an oops, and subsequently I cannot remove the
directory. If the oops itself is of interest, please mail me and I'll
reproduce it.

In the meantime I'll fight till I get 2.1.47 to compile with most
everything turned on.

Benny