Re: fmount system call

Pavel Machek (pavel@Elf.mj.gts.cz)
Sun, 27 Jul 1997 16:48:39 +0200

> Tall cool one <ice@mama.indstate.edu> writes:
> >
> > I'll second that. There have been several times I wish I could force
> > unmount a hard NFS mount, or a drive that was acting screwy. And since I
> > couldn't umount them, I couldn't unmount the drives they were mounted on, so
> > next reboot was a e2fsck-free-for-all.
> >
> Actually, you can mount -o remount,ro them. No fsck necessary.

No, if there's process that uses both NFS and has write access to some
of files on ext2... If it already used NFS, it will be in 'D' state
('D'ead? :-). I do not know how to easily force umount NFS if there
are processes in such state :-(.

--
I'm really pavel@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz. 	   Pavel
Look at http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pavel/ ;-).