re:That I2O document ...

Greg Stovall (gstovall@nortel.ca)
29 Jul 1997 07:31 EDT

In message "That I2O document ...", almesber@lrc.di.epfl.ch writes:

>I finally got a reply from their system administrator. He says that the
>file was left there by accident and suggests to contact lobue@i2osig.org
>for further information. Maybe somebody who wants to hack on I2O should
>follow up (check for implications on their policy, etc.).

I was in contact with the I2O SIG a little while back, looking into what
it would take to develop I2O compatible mechanisms in our products here.
I admit I was rather shocked at the licensing terms, and I decided to try
to avoid having to implement the spec. It's not that the money was a
problem for my company (unlike private developers), but I didn't like
the fact that I could not even implement the interfaces internal to
my product without going through the licensing.