Re: glibc 2, Linux 2.x and the world of many patches!

Andi Kleen (kdp0101@hpmail.lrz-muenchen.de)
31 Jul 1997 10:22:29 +0200

Dan Hollis <goemon@sasami.anime.net> writes:

> On Wed, 30 Jul 1997, Teunis Peters wrote:
> > > About half of all of the Debian packages, I believe, have been
> > > converted to glibc.
> > And I've heard that RedHat is as well, which seems to cover the really
> > visible distribs. GOOD! (so no more linux-1.2 -> linux-2.0 type jumps!)
>
> Considering the AXP and Sparc Redhat distributions _only_ use glibc, all
> the packages on those distributions have been converted.
Sparc RedHat uses libc5 AFAIK. And all the glibc patches in RedHat 4.2 SPEC
files are wrapped with %ifalpha so you still you have to do manual work :/
(We experienced this when bootstrapping a Indy running Linux/SGI and glibc)

-Andi