Re: 2.1.47 oops (crash)

Mike Jagdis (mike@roan.co.uk)
Thu, 31 Jul 1997 09:49:17 +0100 (GMT/BST)

On Thu, 31 Jul 1997, Martin von Loewis wrote:

> Also, there was the report of ext2 inodes surviving an umount and
> suddenly re-appearing on another file system.
>
> Something is wrong with unmounting. Here's a theory:

Coincidentally I was playing with a couple of PCMCIA hard drives
and my laptop just last night and discovered that if I unmounted
and ejected one, then inserted the other I seemed to get the
directory listing from the first. I didn't look in to it any
further so it might be a different problem. It was kernel 2.0.30
however.

Mike

|  Mike Jagdis                  |  Internet:  mailto:mike@roan.co.uk   |
|  Roan Technology Ltd.         |                                      |
|  54A Peach Street, Wokingham  |  Telephone:  +44 118 989 0403        |
|  RG40 1XG, ENGLAND            |  Fax:        +44 118 989 1195        |